Group W Toolset Release 4.5
Changes Since Previous Release
This document describes changes released in Group W Toolset 4.5, released on
2002-12-09. The previous version was 4.4a, released on 2001-09-01.
Older versions of this document are kept in elements with name of the form
READ-THIS/xDOTy, where 'x' and 'y' represent the whole and fractional parts of
the release level. Example: Element READ-THIS/4DOT0 contains the READ-THIS
document that was distributed in Group W Toolset release 4.0.
Group W Toolset documentation is in HTML format. In file #1 of the release
are three elements that you should download to the same directory your PC or
GWTS.HTM defines a frameset that uses the other two documents. If your
browser does not support frames (or you hate them), then point it to
- Download GWTS/HTM to GWTS.HTM
- Download GWTSDOC/HTM to GWTSDOC.HTM
- Download GWTSTOC/HTM to GWTSTOC.HTM
Summary of Changes
These programs are no longer supported and may be dropped entirely from future
releases. You can continue to use them as long as you wish, but no
enhancements or bugs fixes will be made.
- MASM-based @SYSID 2R5C is included and, in fact, fixes one bug (see below).
The generic processor @SYS replaces it, but note that this lacks support
for the R option.
- MASM-based @PCT 4R2 is included but all of its element names include
'DEPRECATED' in the version name. The generic processor @PCT replaces it,
but note that this lacks support for several old options (D, L, N, P,
X); @PCTPL supports piping PCT data.
Correct Known Bugs
Minor changes and bug corrections:
- MFDDEF is changed to update Exec level to indicate that it is OK for
Exec 46R6 and to improve some comments.
- @MFDPL 2R4 has numerous bug fixes and minor enhancements (and more work
needs to be done on f-cycle handling):
- Remove FEEDPL proc, $INCLUDE PIPE$PROCS. (2R3)
- Set proper @FREE options (AR) to not to lose other @USE names.
- Include the file's directory-id on the LEADITEM SGS, field 2.
This will cause a compatibility issue for skeletons which reference
the LEADITEM fields positionally. (2R3)
- Fix bug whereby PL$$MFDPL is initialized when 'H' option used before
processor is CLISTed. ('H' option is supposed to show help and do
nothing else.) (2R3)
- Fix bug whereby garbage was piped for the second backup reel-id when
this word contained the start of multi-backup info. Now this program
will pipe second reel-id iff the field in Main Item sector is an
actual reel-id. This processor was not designed to look at Main Item
extensions, so no attempt is made to pipe additional backup
- For catalogued tape files, pipe reel count and the first two
- Fix bugs whereby it goes into endless loop with C option when
f-cycle wraps around. (2R3A)
- Fix bug in SNAPIT when A0 is used as X register. (2R3A)
- New CSFIT proc: Pull all CSF$ stuff through it for easier
- Add extra snaps and diag info in FITEM. (2R3A)
- Fix bug whereby RELATION SGSs for DADENTRY were omitted when L and D
options were set but M option was clear. (2R4)
- Change previous N option to F option. This introduces an
incompatibility with previous releases but is done so the N and O
options can become GWTS standard for specifying creation of
RELATION SGSs. The F option is rarely used. (2R4)
- Add N option to suppress piping of RELATION SGSs. (2R4)
- Add O option to pipe only RELATION SGSs. (2R4)
- SDFPRINTUTIL 2.0a corrects cosmetic bug whereby this program referred
to itself as 'PRNTCONV'.
- @SYSID 2R5C increases internal DTTBUFFL for Exec 46R2A or higher.
Please note that this processor is deprecated.
This section lists feature changes and additions that are in this release:
- FAS-FIX/8R1 is local code for FAS 8R1 LIST (from MFD) command.
- @MCTPL 1R4A has new features:
- Date/time of last tape boot on BOOT SGS. (1R4)
- Date/time of Exec MAP on MCT SGS. (1R4)
- N option to suppress piping RELATION SGSs. (1R4)
- O option to only write RELATION SGSs. (1R4)
- Check that both N and O options are not set. (1R4A)
- Show error and info messages in mixed case ASCII. (1R4A)
- @PCT 5R1 is new generic processor which replaces deprecated MASM-based
@PCT 4R2. It consists of generic absolute PCT and symbolics PCT/ADD
- @PRTF 2R2 enhances display for catalogued tapes: Show number of reels
and up to first two reel-ids iff this info is available from @MFDPL
(i.e., @MFDPL 2R3 or better). Changed symbolic elements are
PRTF/ADD and PRTF/SKEL.
- @QC 1R3 adds the C option. When present the C (continue on error) option
will be added to generated @COPY commands. Changed symbolic elements are
QC/ADD and QC/SKEL.
- @SELECT 3R1E has two new features:
Changed symbolic element is SELECT/SKEL.
- If 'Z' option is set, execute @FASPLX (rather than @FASPL). This
supports testing new versions of @FASPL and so is not useful for
most users. (3R1D)
- Add new Boolean attributes CURRENT_BACKUP and SYMQ to help text.
- @SYS 1R3A displays new timestamps (most recent tape boot, Exec MAP) and
boot tape drive (if available), as piped by @MCTPL 1R4. Changed symbolic
element is SYS/SKEL.
- @UDMDEL 2R1 has several enhancements:
- Acquire CMS number dynamically.
- PID number now defaults to 6 digits (was 5).
- Display status codes in octal (was decimal).
- Display AG number, CMS number and PID on info message.