Group W Toolset Release 5.0
Changes Since Previous Release
This document describes changes released in Group W Toolset 5.0, released on
2011-08-19. The previous version was 4.6, released on 2004-05-30.
Older versions of this document are kept in elements with name of the form
READ-THIS/xDOTy, where 'x' and 'y' represent the whole and fractional parts of
the release level. Example: Element READ-THIS/4DOT0 contains the READ-THIS
document that was distributed in Group W Toolset release 4.0.
Group W Toolset documentation is in HTML format. In file #1 of the release
are three elements that you should download to the same directory your PC or
GWTS.HTM defines a frameset that uses the other two documents. If your
browser does not support frames (or you hate them), then point it to
- Download GWTS/HTM to GWTS.HTM
- Download GWTSDOC/HTM to GWTSDOC.HTM
- Download GWTSTOC/HTM to GWTSTOC.HTM
Summary of Changes
Delete Previously-Deprecated Programs
- @SYSID is deleted. Deleted elements are SYSID/DEPRECATED (source
- @PCT (MASM version) is deleted. Deleted elements are PCT/DEPRECATED
(source and absolute).
- @AC 1R4E corrects some comments in the source code.
- @CYC 2R1B fixes a bug whereby cycle number on field #1 was not being
ignored as documented. Now cycle number will be stripped.
- @DIFF 1R1A removes support for comparison of data files. This did not
always work. Only symbolic elements may now be compared.
- MFDDEF (MASM proc) fixes incorrect definition of Main Item MITBUFILN
- @QDEL 2R1 fixes three minor bugs.
- @SYS 1R3B fixes a bug whereby initial boot was not recognized.
New Features in Old Programs
- @DISK 2R1 adds F and R options to restrict display to fixed or removable
disks, and displays new maximum tracks field.
- @DISKPL 2R1 increases size of Mass Storage Unit Table and pipes new
max tracks on disk field.
- FAS-FIX/9R1 is local code for FAS 9R1 LIST (from MFD) command.
- FAS-FIX/10R1A is local code for FAS 10R1A LIST (from MFD) command.
- FAS-FIX/10R4 is local code for FAS 10R4 LIST (from MFD) command.
- @QC 2R1 adds S option to sort the generated @COPY,I commands on element
- @QPIPE 2R2 adds a unique output-id to the SMOQUE entries.
- @RUNPL 1R4 adds original program type to piped data and adds S (silent
- @SELECT 3R1F adds Boolean attribute G_OPT and integer attribute UEF to
- @TOCOMP 1R3B adds X option to @DATA call and *COPYs CHECK-ERRCNT at
the bottom of the skeleton.
- @Z 3R3 allows editing of a program file TOC and allows FUSION to be
- CHECK-ERRCNT is new SSG *COPY proc that *ABORTs iff system variable
ERRCNT$ is set.
- GET-EXT-TIME is new SSG *COPY proc that accepts time in HHMMSS format
and returns it in HH:MM:SS format.
- @LC 1R1 is new generic processor that uses @ZIP to search symbolic
elements of a program file.
- @SHA1PL 1R2 is new C processor that computes SHA-1 hash for sequential
- @T 1R2 is new generic processor that displays subset of T keyin info.
- @TOUCH 1R1 is new generic processor that uses IPF OLD and REPL commands
to update (without change) all symbolic elements in a program file.